Please be careful of people promising that you can claim compensation from them and to travel to Johannesburg to do so. They are not telling the truth. Only the Tshiamiso Trust will tell you where, how and when you can claim. You cannot claim yet. To claim compensation from the Tshiamiso Trust will be free, you do not need to pay anyone.

For assistance

Call 080 1000 240 or

Send a ‘please call me’
to 072 557 8077

Register now


Update on compensation for silicosis and TB

The Tshiamiso Trust has been established and it will be responsible for carrying out the terms of the settlement agreement and making sure that eligible gold mineworkers (or their dependants) who carried out risk work at the participating mines and contracted silicosis or TB are compensated.

For more information about the Tshiamiso Trust, please visit their website


Possible compensation for current or ex-gold mine workers or their dependants (wife, child, or life partner) who got sick with silicosis and/or TB.

African Rainbow Minerals, Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, Gold Fields, Harmony and Sibanye-Stillwater and mineworkers’ lawyers have agreed to a settlement to pay compensation to eligible mineworkers who got sick with silicosis and/or TB while working at one of their mines listed here.


  • If you are a mineworker who is sick with silicosis or TB and worked at one of the gold mines listed here anytime from 12 March 1965, or
  • If you are a dependant (wife, child or life partner) of a mineworker who got sick with silicosis and/or TB and worked at these gold mines anytime from 12 March 1965, and has died

Very important!

You do not need to pay anybody to help you register for the proposed silicosis and TB settlement benefits. You do not need to travel to Johannesburg to register.
To register is FREE. To claim compensation will be FREE. Any benefit medical examination will be FREE.

We take fraud seriously

It is dishonest for anyone to promise an ex-mineworker or current mineworker or their family members that they will receive compensation from the settlement fund. The settlement has to be approved by the court first. Only then will the Trust be established, and the Trust’s officials will determine if a claim meets the criteria for compensation and will help to process claims.

Those who currently make promises of payment from the settlement fund in order to persuade people to pay them money are not allowed to do so and are not officials of the Trust.


If you have already registered somewhere you do not need to register again. If not, then you can register on this website or call 080 1000 240. Please do not travel to the mines or Johannesburg. See the FAQ page for more details.


  • To register is FREE.
  • To claim compensation is FREE.
  • Your medical benefit examination will be FREE.
  • You do not need to pay anybody to help you with your claim.